- A monthly e-newsletter with all of the latest and greatest information on grandparents, kinship care, and other important family issues.
- Discounted or free trainings on a variety of topics, including issues related to grandparenting, parenting a second time around, child abuse, legal issues for grandparents, and more
- A free subscription to GRAND Magazine, the online magazine for grandparents and one of the best media resources for grandparents on the internet
- An annual mailing including information on what your dues have accomplished, and how you can continue to support families across the nation
Membership Dues for Individuals
- Single Membership: $10/year
- Couple or Family Membership: $15/year
Our Grassroots Network is the first of its kind - providing you with an opportunity to be a part of a national movement supporting grandparents! With your membership, you'll receive loads of benefits and opportunities to connect with other grandparents, professionals, and community members like you!
- Respond to grandparents in their community via telephone and email and provide a summary of each contact with local grandparents to NCGCR while maintaining confidentiality
- Inform NCGCR of upcoming community events for a national and local calendar and represent NCGCR at those events with NCGCR-provided materials
- Represent NCGCR on local and state coalitions and regularly report activities to NCGCR
- Participate in initial and ongoing training through webinars with NCGCR
The National Committee of Grandparents for Children's Rights provides:
- Initial and ongoing trainings
- Referrals from local grandparents
- Materials for community event participation
- Feedback and technical assistance
Important points to know before signing up:
- You must be available for a six-week training program (two hour webinars, once a week, for six weeks). Attendance is mandatory. The training program will take place between 8am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
- You must be available for ongoing trainings each month. Attendance is mandatory. The ongoing trainings will take place between 8am and 5pm, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
- You must have access to a long distance telephone line and a computer with internet to use during the training sessions.
- You must provide written (email) updates to NCGCR each month after the training period.
- You must be able to respond, via telephone or email, to grandparent inquiries within 24 hours.