The National Committee of Grandparents for Children's Rights is a nationwide network of grandparents, community members, and professionals working together to provide education and support, advocacy, and thought leadership for children, grandparents, and kinship families.
Our vision is all children having healthy and stable relationships with their grandparents.
- All children should be safe and healthy.
- All children deserve healthy relationships between themselves and their families, including grandparents, parents, and other relatives.
- All children deserve family stability, which is best achieved by keeping children in the homes of grandparents, relatives, and family friends, when parents are unable or unwilling to perform their parental duties.
Our programs include:
- Nationwide and state-specific advocacy efforts that bring together grandparents, caregivers, and stakeholders in order to work for changes in laws and policies effecting children and kinship caregivers.
- Education via our warmline, website, and mentoring programs and via publications and events that empower grandparents and relatives to care for children.
- Thought leadership by holding national and state summits that make recommendations for improvements in laws and policies and by advising caregivers, agencies, and the kinship community on emerging issues and best practices.